Friday, April 5, 2013

One Year Older

  This was a great "First Year" session.  We tried to plan as much as possible.  The weekend before the weather was a wonderful 65 degrees.  We were not as lucky (of course) when session day came.

  It had snowed that night and it was pretty cold, especially to be exposing a one year to.  As soon I walked into the families town home I was luck enough to have a sliding glass door in the kitchen.  So, after moving the kitchen table and a few pet toys, we set up the first scene.

  When it comes to taking a lot of photos and having a child as the subject, I find it best to use as much natural lighting (reflectors) as possible.  If I am using speedlites I will try to bounce as much as I can to keep from having direct flash in the child's eyes.  If not, we are just asking for a child who isn't going to tolerate multiple shots to the face with a bright light.

  This was a great session and she did very well.  It's amazing how just a little natural lighting can make a session go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment